In this blog we will look at how to create and upload your own docker images. As an example we will demonstrate the steps to create docker image for a full blown enterprise application (Liferay 7.0 GA5).
In the end we will look at various commands to create a docker container and use it.
Table of Contents
- 1.0 Introduction
- 2.0 Creating the Docker Image
- 2.1 Basic Commands Reference for Image Creation
- 2.2 Creating Liferay Docker Image
- 2.2.1 Specifying the base image
- 2.2.2 Add environment variables
- 2.2.3 Update and Install packages
- 2.2.4 Create a user
- 2.2.5 Change logged in user and current working directory
- 2.2.6 Install JDK1.8 / Liferay / Elastic Search
- 2.2.7 Download and load Elastic Search plugins.
- 2.2.8 Copy Scripts and Default Configs
- 2.2.9 Default MySQL Configurations
- 2.2.10 Liferay Startup and Default tables and sample data creation.
- 3.0 Create and Upload Image to Docker Hub
- 4.0 Running Liferay application using the docker image : Commands Reference
- 5.0 Customizing the liferay application running on docker container
- 6.0 Troubleshooting
We have broken this blog into following parts
- Part 1: Table of Contents
- Part 2: Introduction
- Part 3: Basic docker commands that will be used for creation of image
- Part 4: Steps for creation of docker image for Liferay 7
- Part 5: Creating and Uploading the image to docker hub.
- Part 6: Running Liferay from the docker image
- Part 7: Customization and Troubleshooting